If you are a member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE), free CPE webinars are periodically offered on the acfe.org website. If you attend the live webinar, it will generally be NASBA-compliant and may count toward other certifications as well (including the CPA). The archived recordings will still count toward the CFE CPE requirements, but will not likely count toward other certifications as they are not NASBA-compliant.
There are no upcoming scheduled free webinars; however, the following, archived webinars are available to ACFE members at no cost that provide 1 CPE credit each. Click on the link, select Enroll Now, and enter your ACFE login information to register.
- Navigating Beneficial Ownership and Financial Transparency
- A Focused Approach: Best Practices for Uncovering Hidden Risk and Minimizing Exposure
- Failure to Launch? Breaking Down Barriers to Increase Use of Data Analytics
- The Impact of the Underground Economy and How Analytics Can Fight It
- Digital Decisioning in Today’s Fraud Environment
- Improving Application Fraud Detection Across Silos
- The Evolving Financial Crime Landscape: Using Next Generation Technologies to Solve the Puzzle
- Cyberthreats: The Gateway to Fraud
In addition to ACFE webinars, the larger public accounting firms have free webcasts that sometimes cover topics included in the ACFE’s definition of a “fraud-related” CPE. The CPE Calendar will be regularly updated so check back frequently for webcasts that include fraud-related topics. The following upcoming free webcast(s) below are fraud-related.
Another option for free fraud CPEs is BrightTALK.com. However, be sure the webinar includes a certificate of completion (according to ACFE.org, you must receive a certificate of completion with the number of CPE hours attained in order for the CPE from a webinar to be accepted).
The Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS) periodically offers free webinars on BrightTALK, which are fraud-related and include a certificate of completion (however, I am a member of ACAMS so I am not 100% sure if they will provide the certificates to non-members). Below are the upcoming free offerings from ACAMS that would count toward the fraud CPE requirements for the CFE. After clicking on the link, scroll to the bottom of the page to register for the webinar/create an account with BrightTALK.
- 1/19/17 360 Degree Review: 2016 Activities and Forecasts for 2017 (7:00am EST)
- 2/24/17 E-CDD, E-verification & E-signatures (7:00am EST)
- 3/2/17 APAC Update: Sanction Challenges in Business Relationships (9:00pm EST)
- 4/21/17 FinTech, Crowdfunding and Other Innovative Businesses (7:00am EST)
- 6/1/17 APAC Update: Enhancing UBO Practices (10:00pm EST)